Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thursday

Preparations are underway for my trip to Alaska! The reality hasn't sunk in that I will be leaving my home, friends, family and everything I've ever known. I'm sure it will sink in really well when I'm looking out the window at 20,000 feet. My excitement is pretty indescribable, though.

So my flight leaves Charlotte at 9:35. It will arrive around 12:30 in Seattle. I'll then have a lovely 7 hour layover to eat lunch and navigate my way through the Seattle airport. (I'm bad with directions, so I might need that long.) After a long day of travel, the other counselors and I should all arrive in Juneau by 9:40. Next, a long drive and then a two mile hike out to the camp. That's what my Thursday will look like!

Internet will be spotty, since it's satellite-based, and we're in the middle of nowhere. I'll update you as frequently as I can!

Again, thank you so much for the prayers and the support! Everyone has blessed me far beyond what I expected. I am so grateful that God has put you in my life. Love you all!

In Him,
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH ! I'm so excited for you to go on a new adventure this summer but I'm gonna freaking miss you :(

    ReplyDelete