Sunday, June 26, 2011

Saturday, June 25

Right now I’m sitting in the Counselor Loft watching The Fellowship of the Ring! But since I’ve seen it a hundred times or more, I thought I would update you all on what’s going on.
 
For the past week, I’ve been on “work-staff,” which basically comprises all the necessary behind-the-scenes tasks. We have helped prepare the meals and clean up pretty much everything. It was tiring, but definitely necessary. It was also a much-needed break from the campers. Counseling is pretty much a 24/7 thing, but work-staff is over after dinner clean-up.

Next week, though, I’m counseling middle school girls at the Maverick camp! That’s exciting because it’s right up my alley. I have a lot of experience with that age group. That camp is similar to the Senior High one, but one day shorter. That means more weekend time!

The Colt campers (7-9 years old) left on Thursday afternoon, so we had a three day break this week! It’s been great so far. Yesterday we took a canoe/kayak trip over to a creek where we climbed up to a waterfall. It was great. Then we started back, decided the water was too rough (it was crazy), struggled back to shore, and called the bigger boat “Blondina” to come pick us up. Canoeing is a work-out though, against tide and current the whole way. I’m sore now! (We had another swing dance party last night, which also contributes to my soreness.)

Today we just chilled out, watched some movies and played card games. There was an Ultimate Frisbee game too. It has been great to just chill.

Oh, I also learned to crochet! I learned on Friday night and made a hat in about two hours on Saturday morning. My hat is pretty awesome. When we go into town next weekend for Independence Day, I’ll get some yarn and crochet some of you guys hats if you want them! They look legit!

Otherwise, not much else is new. Work-staff was pretty laid back, so I had an uneventful week. They caught crab and salmon, which I declined to eat.

I’ve also recently picked the guitar back up. Although I’m not very good, it’s a lot of fun. I learned a great new song here called Micah 7:7. Unfortunately, it’s not on YouTube or iTunes, I don’t think. When I get back I’ll play it for you though.
But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD.
I wait for God my Savior. My God will hear me.
And we will walk in the name of the LORD our God forever.
We will walk in the name of the LORD our God forever and ever and ever.
Love you guys all a lot! I wish I had a camera so I could take lots of great pictures for you. I’ll have to content myself with borrowing other people’s pictures.

Much love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment