Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ALASKA.

"For our God needs no less of a cathedral."

I am excited to inform you that I am going to... Alaska! Forty miles outside of Juneau is a wonderful place called Echo Ranch Bible Camp. I have been given the opportunity to go and be a camp counselor here for the duration of the summer. (I am so excited! I can't stop saying how excited I am!) During the week, I will be working with the kids, a new cabin each week. Ages range from 7 to 18. There are hiking trails, horseback riding, mountains, a bay, sports, games, and chapel. Most importantly, Echo Ranch exists to bring children closer to Christ.

I leave May 26 and return August 16. The only thing left to do is raise the support. (Click here to see a copy of my support letter for more information!) Since the camp is a non-profit, the staff has to raise support. The combined cost for room and board, and transportation is $1000, needed by the end of May at the latest. Please pray that God provides everything I need, and everything that Echo Ranch needs, and that the wonderful kids we go to minister to would come to know their Savior! God is always faithful!

If you would like to donate, send checks (with my name in the memo line) made out to
Avant Ministries
10,000 North Oak Trafficway
Kansas City, Missouri 64155
(Or if it's easier, you could just give me the check and I'll send it for you. All donations are tax-deductible.)

Even if you cannot financially support me, please be in prayer! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment