Thursday, March 24, 2011

Splendor.

And around and around, and around and around,
and around we'll go. –"Into the Sky," Jason Upton

I haven't written in a while, so I have decided to post something new!

There aren't any specific things that I'm focusing on right now. My head is a jumbled mess of doubts and hopes and regrets and dreams. I am thinking a million miles an hour and I'm going nowhere fast.

But God is faithful. God is faithful. I repeat that to myself over and over, a reminder of the everlasting truth. He is a mighty warrior. He is a gentle lover. He is everything we need, and He's all I want. He is all our longings fulfilled, all our dreams come true. More than a story, better than a fairy tale. Not a happy ending: a happy living for there will be no ending to our romance. He is Love, not a feeling or an emotion, but alive. A Living Love. My Savior and Healer. My Truth. My All in All. My Love.

In the light of His reality, everything else fades away in a shadow. For a time it still exists, but becomes dim in comparison to His splendor.

Oh Lover of My Soul, shine your Light in me. Show me your face, it's Your heart I want to know, to have. Reveal to me the deepest parts of Your heart, and make them mine. Lift up my head, place flowers in my hair. And we will dance and sing, for the King has won and His Bride is alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment